Pages

Thursday, August 11, 2016

IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT THEATER COLORADO


Sunset, Colorado Springs.






IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT THEATER COLORADO.

I’ve taken most of the summer off, after more than four years of reviewing shows all over Colorado. 

Aspen. Fort Collins. Longmont. Denver. Carbondale. Boulder. Colorado Springs. Evergreen. Dillon. Johnson’s Corner. Aurora. Lakewood. Arvada. Parker. Lone Tree. 

It’s a long list.

I’ve reviewed only 7 shows since the end of May, and most of those have been close to home here in Colorado Springs. In the past, 7 shows would be about 3 weeks worth. There were a number of reasons for cutting back. Extensive travel, overnight costs, fatigue, and some minor but annoying health issues. 

As much as I have totally enjoyed all the great theater, I just can’t continue at the pace I had set: 90 shows last year, and on a pace as of the end of May to do more than 100 in 2016.

I’m going to narrow my focus to theaters in the Colorado Springs area. That will eliminate a lot of overnight travel, I-25 traffic jams, and getting home after midnight. 

So, to all my theater friends all over Colorado, thank you. I’m sorry if I have let you down, but I have to slow down the pace. 

There have been times driving home from a show late at night, a drive of about 90 miles from Boulder, when I had serious trouble staying alert. Things were different when I lived in Denver; it was no big deal to get anywhere in the metro area and back home at a reasonable time. Things changed for me in late 2013 when I moved to Colorado Springs. The challenge is much greater.

The Theater Colorado website will get a new look and a new name: Theater Colorado Springs.  The web address will stay the same, and all content (currently 277 posts, about 260 of which are reviews) will remain available indefinitely. 

I will continue to write for the Colorado Springs Independent as well. Posts for "Theater Colorado Springs" may also appear on their website and in their weekly publication.

I greatly appreciate all the kind words and support you have given me and Theater Colorado over the last four plus years. 
Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment